Long time not posting is like dying :D. Well, since the hubby is so busy with his work stuff, so I will take over the renovation post for a while (even I’m the administrator of this blog :D).
For reader information, the design is just for my reference only. The hubby obviously doesn’t agree for some room arrangement. But, It’s ok, I have my own reason for the arrangement.
I attach the basic plan. You may see the complete basic plan here.
and here’s my modification.
then, I’ve made changes as marked with red.
- Move the front door & window location. If it stay on its original position, I think it is not nice there’re 2 doors side by side. I dont want to move it to the middle of the front wall, since the back door on the back wall is in the middle too. It’s not good based on some tradition. When the front door and the back door in 1 straight line, some old man said our luck would come and go easily.
- Add new door for living room access. I choose to change the master bedroom to be the living room. Why? Because the area is too small (2,5m x 3m). I’m not sure, there’s left area after we put our queen bed inside. I create the livingroom in a room due to privacy. I want to keep comfort on my own home while my hubby have guest in the livingroom. I dont want to use it as bedroom either, since it’s too small and we have to enlarge the room by adding the space forward. Adding space forward means more expenses to re-arrange the roof and it’s ‘skeleton’. I’ve added space on the backyard, no need to add the space to front yard.
- make a new wall for the border wall, you may see it’s thicker than other walls. Yup. Since the walls are made form BATAKO, I dont want on the future our border cracking when they put nails on their wall. That’s why, I want our own wall.
- Move the restroom door. Since I want to add new sliding door as teh access to the master bedroom, so the bedroom also has the direct-access to the restroom without exiting the bedroom.
- Add new space on the rest room for water heater’s gas storage. This idea comes when I think it’s not safe enough to put the gas tub outside. So I want it inside the restroom.
- Add new room for bedroom. Yes, so the bedroom will be 3x4m. And we can see the sideyard garden when we wake up :). This is my dream bedroom, when I can see the ‘green’ and inhale it’s freshness.
- Move the door-less-access to middle in the original back wall. Actually, i move it to the middle of the wall is due to I want to devide the room for kitchen and laundry space. If it’s without wall or divider, it’s like so miserable, so messy.
- Add new wall for backside. It’s for additional room for kitchen and service area (laundry area). Yes, I’ve explained on point#7
- Add minimalist dry garden for back wall border. It’s for ‘breathing’ so the kitchen will have the window and breath and so does the laundry space.On next post, i will give you the details for each points.Stay tuned and dress your house up 🙂